Sunday 2 December 2007

Aware 3 - we have lift off!!!!

Thanks to everyone who made it to the launch of Aware 3. I hope everyone had a good time (I certainly did) and thanks in particular to Peter Bird for helping us arrange this, and to Runshaw College for being very generous hosts. There were a couple of people who gave me their names and contact details on the night who are copied in on this e-mail (beware – you are now on the mailing list!), can I take this opportunity to extend a warm welcome to Trefor Lloyd and Jan Hartley – I hope to see you both at the meetings next year.

We have 32 copies of Aware 3 left to sell. If anyone would like to buy one please drop me an e-mail and we’ll work it out! Cover price is £1.50, to include post and packing this will be £2.00. Let me know if you’d be interested in buying one, or if you have any ideas for outlets in which we can sell them.

Thanks again to all the contributors, and to those who read on the night which were:

myself, Vicky Walsh, Carol Thistlethwaite, Peter Bird, Peter Cropper, Heather Richardson, and Dea Parkin who read Alan Gaskell’s piece ‘Hard-Wired’,

and again to Peter Bird, and Susanne Holt’s son Lawrence who provided some excellent musical entertainment.

Next steps for the group are to put together a programme for next year. If anyone has any suggestions please drop me an e-mail with your ideas. Susanne Holt at Runshaw College has suggested that perhaps we could get together again for a summer garden party, which sounds a great idea to me, and also pool our membership and invite some writer’s to speak at joint events.

Susanne has also extended an open invitation for Chorley Writers’ members to attend their Writers Forum. The next one is 13th January, and it runs from 18:30 – 21:00 ( I think – I’ll double check and if this is wrong I’ll circulate the right info!).

Is anyone attending any of the Lit-fest events next weekend? If so, let us know, and perhaps some of us can catch up there, or give us some feedback on how it all went!

I’ll be in touch again before Christmas, so I won’t wish you all a Merry Christmas just yet. Feel free to make use of the blog – I’ll invite our new members to join. How about adding a Christmas haiku, or short story? Call it the Chorley Writers’ Advent calendar.

No comments: